Whether you’re looking to hire international candidates to work at your company in the United States, or you’re interested in coming to the United States to pursue higher education or investment opportunities, the laws surrounding business-based immigration are strict and comprehensive.

The law professionals at The Guerra Law Firm have the specialized business-based immigration experience to help you ensure legal entry, or even permanent residency—no matter your business goals.

FAQ's (frequently asked questions)

The rules and regulations surrounding business-based immigration can be confusing and overwhelming. Let us provide some overarching answers to your questions regarding petitions, parole, work visas, student visas, and more.

I want to hire an international candidate, or a foreign national, to work at my United States–based company. What do I need to do to ensure legal entry?

We can help you petition on behalf of the foreign national to come to the United States and temporarily work for you—or, we can petition for this individual to eventually obtain his or her residency.

What do I need to do to get an investor-based visa?

An individual who wants to obtain a visa through investing in the United States’ economy can do so on one of the following terms:

  • By substantially investing in an existing or a new business
  • By directly or indirectly investing more than $1 million, or at least $500,000, in a qualifying business, which creates 10 or more jobs (the larger investment can lead directly to residency)
  • Beginning the summer of 2017, the US department will issue entrepreneurial parole to individuals who are planning to or have made a substantial investment in a United States–based business, allowing them to enter and work in the United States to oversee their investment.
What is a student visa?

A student visa allows individuals to come to the United States and pursue higher education. The visa allows that individual to remain in the country during the time it takes to get their degree, but it does not allow the person to work.